Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Tell how the people of Israel took Jericho.
2. Tell one more story from the time when Joshua was leader in Israel.
3. Tell about John the Baptist and about how he baptized Jesus.
4. Tell how Christ fed the hungry crowds. How does He feed us today?
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Describe your favorite scene or character from the Shakespeare play you read this term.
2. Narrate one of these stories: Apollo and Daphne, Pyramus and Thisbe, Cephalus and Procris, or Diana and Actaeon.
1. Underline the Subjects (noun phrase) and circle the Predicates (verb phrase) in the following:
a. Ben didn't like the letter at all.
b. Poor Richard walked into the heart of the American people and stayed there.
c. Three hundred friends in a cavalcade of affection rode down to Chester to see him off.
d. An ocean voyage was an exciting adventure with a grandfather like that.
2. Write sentences to show that the following words are sometimes nouns and sometimes verbs: walk, look, run, talk, shake, hand.
3. Fix the punctuation and capitalization in the following sentence: here they built a little fort which they called new amsterdam
1. What do you know about King Philip's War?
2. "In spite of Franklin's popularity in Paris, the war news from America was making the French foreign minister wary of an American treaty." Tell the whole story.
3. Tell about the witches of Salem, or how New Amsterdam became New York.
4. What do you know about Lord Baltimore or William Penn?
1. What do you know about Lake Itasca? Or, What do you know about The Falls of St. Anthony's? Locate it on a map and tell what's around it.
2. "The river is a museum." Explain.
3. Describe the earth's surface. (water and land forms)
Natural History and General Science
1. What are earthquakes? What causes them?
2. Talk about silk, and about Epeira's Bridge.
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. 63 divided by __ = 7
2. Dan bought 8 cases of soda for a party with 24 cans in each case, how many cans of soda is that altogether?
3. Fred mows lawns for five dollars per lawn. If he mows eight lawns, how much does he earn?
1. Make sentences using the third person singular, present tense ("he sits...")
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.