Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. In your own words, tell about your favorite character that you read in your Bible reading this term.
2. In your own words, tell about your favorite event that you read in your Bible reading this term.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of Daedalus and Icarus, Achelous and Hercules, or Orpheus and Eurydice.
2. Tell about something that happened to Oliver Twist.
Circle the verbs and underline the prepositions in the following passage:
And the Larch, with all its fibres,
Shivered in the air of morning,
Touched its forehead with its tassels,
Said, with one long sigh of sorrow,
Take them all, O Hiawatha!
1. What do you know about the Underground Railroad?
2. How did Stonewall Jackson get his nickname? What else do you know about him?
3. "If my name is ever remembered, it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it." Who said this? Tell the story.
1. What do you know about the Peace Festival?
2. Tell all you know about "Mad" Otto von Bismarck or Commodore Perry.
3. Tell all you know about Florence Nightingale or Clara Barton.
1. What do you know about the St. Bernard? (or Machu Picchu or Jerusalem) or What do you know about Egypt?
2. Describe Pompeii or Petra (or Rio de Janeiro or Babylon) or What do you know about Iraq?
3. Tell all you know about the pyramids (or Carcassonne or Isfahan) or Sketch a map of Egypt with all the cities and features you can.
Natural History and General Science
1. Tell how men are wiser than animals.
2. Tell about the invention of the sewing machine, or steel, or the printing press.
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here.
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. What is 492 x 832?
2. Write as a decimal: 81/1000
3. A bag has green and purple marbles in a ratio of 2:5. If there are 133 marbles in all, how many are green?
1. Tell about something you did yesterday or last week.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
|Top||Copyright © 2002-2011 Ambleside Online. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.||Home|