1. What blessings and/or curses did God promise Israel as they entered the land?
2. Tell about the treaty with the Gibeonites.
3. "The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner." Explain the meaning.
4. "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus. . ." Tell the story.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. What were "Moralities"? Give an account of Everyman.
2. "Athelstane, arrayed in the garments of the grave, stood before them, pale, haggard . . ." Tell the story.
3. Describe a scene from Promise of Fidelity.
1. Write a sentence using three adjectives.
2. Choose "him" or "he." The winner of the election is __.
3. Write sentences showing correct use of "threw" and "through."
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: The herald communicated the words of the Grand Master to Rebecca, who bowed her head submissively, folded her arms, and, looking up towards heaven, seemed to expect that aid from above which she could scarce promise herself from man.
1. Give a sketch of Luther's career and of the Diet at Worms.
2. Explain the disagreement between King Henry VIII and Sir Thomas More, and tell how it ended.
3. Give an account of Cardinal Wolsey.
4. Describe the reign of Queen Mary.
5. What do you know about the Spanish Armada?
6. Name seven famous men of the days of "Great Elizabeth." Say something about two of them.
1. On a map, identify the Holy Roman Empire of King Henry VIII's day.
2. Sketch a map of Great Britain, putting in boundaries, towns and chief physical features, and describe two places you would like to visit.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Describe the web of a Labyrinth spider.
4. Tell the different parts of plant roots, and what the root does.
5. Explain the Conservation of Mass/Energy.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. "The Natural Law system grows out of the two fundamental laws taught by all religions." What are those laws?
3. Describe Utopia.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. Jared and Cole ordered a large pizza. Jared ate 40 percent of the pizza and Cole ate 2/5 of the pizza. What percentage of the pizza did they eat in all?
2. 60 million plastic bottles are disposed of in the US every day. How many is that per hour?
3. A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes. What was the average speed of the car in miles per hour?
4. Find the value of two numbers if their sum is 12 and their difference is 4.
1. In your foreign language, write a letter making a request.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2013 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.