Year 7 and 8 Lite Weekly Schedules
Announcements/Year 7 and 8 Lite Weekly Schedules
New weekly schedules for Year 8 Lite and Year 7 Lite have been uploaded.

The page counts for planning AO 2.0 helped to configure the weekly schedule so that the terms are more evenly balanced.

The old schedules are still available for the 2017-2018 year since some are already using them. There's a link at the top of the page of the new schedule -- it will take you to the old schedule, which is linked to the old charts.

Year 9 Lite will be next.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amanda Hall, laurke, nctmcalister, ozark mama, witheagerhands
Announcements/RE: Year 7 and 8 Lite Weekly Schedules
Thank you Leslie. I've been working on our Year 8 Lite. One change I noticed was that the old schedule listed I Promessi OR Westward Ho! and I was thinking of having my daughter just read I Promessi. It looks like the new schedule has them reading Westward Ho! AND I Promessi. Now I'm questioning dropping Westward Ho!

Thank you,

Shelley Dorman
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
More to the point, are there any other additions or subtractions to look out for or is it just shifting books around? Thank you again.

Shelley
Shelley - ddAOgrad , dsY9
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."   Milne
Before, there was a choice between Westward Ho or I Promessi Sposi. Now that I've seen the actual page counts, it's feasible to do both. I would suggest trying both, and if you need to cut back, drop down to one or the other.

The only other addition is selections from Rural Hours, or The Lay of the Land (which is actually listed for regular Year 7). The rest is just shifting books around.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • CottageSchool
(07-10-2017, 11:42 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: New weekly schedules for Year 8 Lite and Year 7 Lite have been uploaded.

The old schedules are still available for the 2017-2018 year since some are already using them. There's a link at the top of the page of the new schedule -- it will take you to the old schedule, which is linked to the old charts.

Hi Leslie!

Can you please post (here in this thread) the links to the different ones that you are talking about here? The old and the new? Everything that I seem to find still has the "8.2013" date in the footer at the bottom of the page. 

Thank you!
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
Wife to my best friend and hero; Mama to Grace (AO Grad) and Joy (Yr8/9)
Dakota Academy International
I'll try to remember to change those dates. I always, always forget. [I want to hide my head under a bag!]

This is the new, improved Year 7 Lite schedule.
http://www.amblesideonline.org/b07Sch.shtml

This is the older one:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/Lsch/b07Sch201707.shtml
(note that the url has the date in it: 2017 July -- I can remember to date the web address, but I can't seem to remember to change the little date at the bottom of the page...)

New, improved Year 8 Lite schedule:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/b08Sch.shtml

Older Year 8 Lite schedule:
http://www.amblesideonline.org/Lsch/b08Sch201707.shtml

When you click on the graph/grid pdf or editable schedule from any of those pages, it will take you to the grid schedule that goes with that schedule.
The following 3 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amanda Hall, laurke, MichelleDee
thank you!!
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
Wife to my best friend and hero; Mama to Grace (AO Grad) and Joy (Yr8/9)
Dakota Academy International
Oh dear, the schedule for Twain's Joan of Arc didn't make it to the new Y7 lite: None at all on the odt chart or weeks 1-30 of the html list. The HTML list has both Joan books for weeks 31-36.

I like the changes though, since I had already added several of these regular Y7 books to my oldest son's lite schedule last year.
J.R.R. Tolkien: "All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost..."
The following 1 user Likes MDayton's post:
  • Lellachu
(07-15-2017, 11:50 PM)MDayton Wrote: Oh dear, the schedule for Twain's Joan of Arc didn't make it to the new Y7 lite: None at all on the odt chart or weeks 1-30 of the html list. The HTML list has both Joan books for weeks 31-36.

I like the changes though, since I had already added several of these regular Y7 books to my oldest son's lite schedule last year.

Oops, weeks 31-36 is a typo; I've just fixed it.

I hope to make a separate schedule for Twain's Joan of Arc. It will be a twelve week schedule, since Joan should stay in the last term of Year 7.
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Lellachu
(07-16-2017, 04:34 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Oops, weeks 31-36 is a typo; I've just fixed it.

I hope to make a separate schedule for Twain's Joan of Arc. It will be a twelve week schedule, since Joan should stay in the last term of Year 7.

I think I might as well include the Twain as an option - we'd really like to encourage people to use that one, even though it is long.
The following 4 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amanda Hall, charlesjacob4695, Lellachu, phoebebopeep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 9 Science AO Advisory 55 633,568 09-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: kgkat
  Folk Songs for the 2021-22 year!!! WendiC 10 36,646 08-11-2021, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Lani
  Folksongs for term 2 of the 2020-2021 Year WendiC 5 26,594 06-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Last Post: busyncmama
  Extra Plutarch year will be added AnneWhite 7 35,661 09-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Folksongs for term 1, 2020/21 year WendiC 1 14,430 08-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Genial
  Year 8 Napoleon's Buttons lklivingston 9 107,531 08-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: verkom
  Year 1 Guidebook lklivingston 4 26,060 07-16-2020, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Saejstrobel
  Year 6 Bible Change lklivingston 0 12,942 10-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 7 Free Read Change lklivingston 10 139,287 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 177,174 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots