1. Give an account of Korah's rebellion, Or, "Must I not take heed to speak that which the Lord hath put in my mouth?" Tell the story.
2. What was the purpose of the Cities of Refuge? How many can you name?
3. What blessings and/or curses did God promise Israel as they entered the land? or, Tell about the treaty with the Gibeonites.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
1. Discuss the choice of the title "The Chosen." What is a tzaddik?
2. Summarize a short story or essay you read this term.
3. "He had sung many a song about ships and going down to the sea in them with a heave ho and a heave to. He wondered why it hadn't turned out the way it said in the songs." Of whom was this said? Explain.
1. Identify whether the italicized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
After the game, Michael bought HIS brothers some pizza and ice cream.
Now fed and bathed, Angela read a BOOK to her young charges before putting them to bed.
2. Choose "its" or "their." Each of the books had __ own handmade bookmark.
3. Use good and well correctly in sentences.
4. "Nancy was capable of keeping her word to herself under very trying conditions." Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third).
1. Tell about Woodrow Wilson and the Great War.
2. Give an account of the Great Depression.
3. What do you know about The New Deal?
4. Who were the men behind Hitler? Tell something about some of them.
Natural History and General Science
1. What is Paul Ehrlich's Magic Bullet? Explain.
2. Write about either the Law of Universal Gravitation, Conservation of Matter, or Archimedes' Principle.
3. Explain Newton's Laws.
1. Why are we morally obligated to be intelligent?
2. Name 5 of the "Seven Men Who Rule the World From the Grave." Tell about two of them.
3. What is Keynesian Economics?
4. What is the difference between cheap grace, and costly grace?
5. a) Describe the speech of Aemilius on the death of his two sons. AND b) Describe the triumph of Aemilius after his victory over Perseus.
1. Four children have some marbles. The first child has 1/10 of the marbles, the second child has 12 more marbles than the first, the third child has one more marble than what the first child has and the fourth child has double what the third child has. How many marbles are there?
2. Solve for x: 7x + 5 = -x + 41
3. What is the surface area of cylinder with radius of 2 cm and height 8 cm?
4. A youth group wants to raise $500 to attend a concert. They have raised $100 through donations. If they wash cars for $5.00 each, how many cars will they need to wash in order to earn what they still need for the concert?
5. Baileytown is 924 miles from Portsville. Wood City is three-fourths of the distance from Baileytown to Portsville. How many miles is it from Baileytown to Wood City?
1. Tell in your foreign language about what you hope to be doing next week, and with whom.
1. Tell about a place you'd like to visit, and what you'd like to do there.