1. "Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel." What was Ezekiel's task as watchman? (Ezekiel 3:16-21) OR Describe the glory of God departing from Jerusalem. (Ezekiel 10)
2. Give an account of the Valley of Dry Bones. (Ezekiel 37)
3. Describe the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream, and Daniel's interpretation of it. (Daniel 2) OR "They shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son. . ." Who does this refer to? Explain. (Zechariah 12:10)
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
1. Write a sketch of Uncle Tom or Eva.
2. Describe how Tom's situation changed as a result of Mr. Clare's 'reunion.' (Uncle Tom's Cabin, ch 28)
3. Describe Queen Victoria's education. (Education of a Young Princess)
1. Write sentences showing correct use of "whose" and "who's."
2. Is the capitalized word an adverb or adjective?
She dances GRACEFULLY. (adv)
This is an EASY test. (adj)
3. Give words in which the following suffixes occur - able, ful, ion, ive, ive, ious.
4. What is a preposition? Give four examples of a prepositional phrase.
5. Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third). (Teacher: you may ask the student to provide more or less information, as appropriate.)
In landscapes the painter should give the suggestion of a fairer creation than we know.
ANSWER - in: preposition; landscapes: noun, plural, dative; the: article (or adjective); painter: noun, singular, nominative; should: verb (or verbal auxiliary), present, active, third person; give: verb (or infinitive), present, active; the: article (or adjective); suggestion: noun, singular, objective (or accusative); of: preposition; a: article (or adjective); fairer: adjective; creation: noun, singular, dative; than: conjunction; we: pronoun, plural, nominative; know: verb, present, active, first person
1. What do you know about Robert Peel or Duke Wellington? (Arnold-Forster, ch 72, 73)
2. What events led to the Crimean War? (Arnold-Forster, ch 74)
3. Tell something about the migration of Europeans to either Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
4. Give an account of the potato famine. (Arnold-Forster, ch 73; Journey of an Irish Coffin Ship)
5. What were the arguments for and against slavery in pre-Civil War America? (Arguing About Slavery)
6. Give an account of the Dred Scott decision. (Land of Hope, pg 163-167; documents)
Natural History and General Science
1. "Everything that animals do, atoms do." Explain, with details.
1. Explain Pasteur's process for preventing wine from going bad, or Robert Koch's work against anthrax, or Pasteur's fight against hydrophobia (rabies). (Microbe Hunters, pg 85, or 124-132, or pg 164-177)
2. Briefly describe 4 of the following: homeostasis, photosynthesis, mitosis, mutation, prokaryotes. (Guest Hollow Biology)
3. Explain Gredor Mendel's contribution to science. (Guest Hollow Biology ch 6; we did up to 13.1)
1. What is "lawful plunder?" Give some examples. (Bastiat's The Law)
2. According to Frederic Bastiat, what do Socialists want? Explain. (Bastiat's The Law, 40-45)
3. How does a Christian worldview affect one's perspective on Biology? (Thinking Like a Christian, ch 5)
4. How does a Christian worldview affect one's perspective on mental illness and/or the problem of suffering? (Thinking Like a Christian, ch 4)
5. Briefly outline 4 rights of American citizens specified in the Bill of Rights.
1. If a point (7, 4) is reflected across the y axis, where is that reflected point? (-7, 4)
2. Is it cheaper to buy a 16-ounce bag of chips for $5.99, or a 22-ounce bag of chips for $6.25? (22 ounce)
3. What is the slope of this line: y=2x+9? (2)
4. How many milliliters are in 0.0428? (42.8 mL)
5. If a juice is diluted with 20 percent juice and the rest water, what is the ratio of juice to water? (1:4)
1. Make up sentences about you and your mother/teacher.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
Recite the Bill of Rights