1. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand." Give three examples of God's mighty power.
2. "Take your son, your only son, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah." Tell the story. OR "He had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt." Tell the story.
3. "Nadab and Abihu . . . offered strange fire before the Lord." Tell the story. OR Describe what happens on the Day of Atonement/Cleansing.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
1. Summarize a poem you read this term by Robert Browning or Walt Whitman.
2. Write about your favorite character from Uncle Tom's Cabin.
3. Describe a scene from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
1. Identify whether the capitalized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
Gregory sent JILL a text containing all the relevant information.
Craig carefully pounded NAILS into the board in a straight line.
2. Write sentences showing correct use of "they're," "there" and "their."
3. Choose "his" or "their." Everyone should have __ own writing implement.
4. "My hand was already on the lock of the door before I recollected myself." Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third).
1. Tell what you know about John Quincy Adams.
2. Give an account of Lincoln's presidency.
3. What do you know of Princess Victoria's education?
4. Tell about Gladstone and/or Disraeli. Or, tell about Irish Home Rule.
5. Tell about Gettysburg.
Natural History and General Science
1. Explain the role of phagocytes in immunity.
2. How did Theobald Smith discover the cause of Texas fever?
3. Tell about something you learned from your science course.
1. "Well said Carlyle that, whether you or I be in a state of well-being or not 'is not the central fact of the Universe.'" What is the principle underlying temperance/moderaton?
2. Show how Timoleon demonstrated wisdom in his dealings with the Syracusans. How did the people back in Corinth help? Or, How did the Syracusans reward Timoleon?
3. Explain the strategy that Timoleon planned to use against the Carthaginians. How did he show strong leadership, especially in dealing with the problem of the chariots? Or, Plutarch says that Timoleon, in his last years, "neither did make himself to be envied of the citizens." What did he mean, and what would have been the dangers of doing this?
4. Explain how a Chritian worldview influences law, politics, or ethics.
1. Solve for x if 7x + 5 = -x + 41.
2. A rectangle field has an area of 300 square meters and a perimeter of 80 meters. What are the length and width of the field?
3. A real estate agent received a 6 percent commission on the selling price of a house. If his commission was $8,880, what was the selling price of the house?
4. Are two lines with the same slope perpendicular?
5. A right triangle has a hypotenuse of length 30 and a leg of length 10. To the nearest tenth, what is the length of the other leg?
1. Tell about something you did yesterday or last week.
2. Tell about something you gave to someone recently.