1. Give an account of Korah's rebellion, Or, "Must I not take heed to speak that which the Lord hath put in my mouth?" Tell the story.
2. What was the purpose of the Cities of Refuge? How many can you name?
3. What blessings and/or curses did God promise Israel as they entered the land? or, Tell about the treaty with the Gibeonites.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
1. What is right with the world?
2. Describe your favorite character from Silas Marner.
3. How did greed affect Pakhom? Or, describe life for a Russian peasant in the 1800's.
1. Identify whether the italicized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
After the game, Michael bought HIS brothers some pizza and ice cream.
Now fed and bathed, Angela read a BOOK to her young charges before putting them to bed.
2. Choose "its" or "their." Each of the books had __ own handmade bookmark.
3. Use good and well correctly in sentences.
4. "Nancy was capable of keeping her word to herself under very trying conditions." Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third).
1. Give an account of the trial of Mr. Adams.
2. Describe Booker T. Washington's rise from a life of slavery.
3. Discuss immigration and asylum in America the "land of hope."
4. What do you know about Progressivism in the Roosevelt era?
5. Tell what you know about Frederick Douglass.
Natural History and General Science
1. Explain the cause of malaria.
2. Is yellow fever spread via clothing? Explain your answer.
3. Decribe the way the eye works, or explain the link between diabetes and the pancreas.
1. What is fortitude? Give some examples.
2. Are we free to think whatever we like? Explain.
3. How does a Christian worldview differ from a Marxist/Leninist worldview?
4. "It's a symbol of an eternal truth: that the armor of the soul can't protect the heart unless a woman's hand has fortified it." Explain this. Or, why should young women's literature be carefully chosen?
5. "Art must have noble motives." Why? Or, describe Ruskin's dream about the children at the house party and explain its meaning.
1. Four children have some marbles. The first child has 1/10 of the marbles, the second child has 12 more marbles than the first, the third child has one more marble than what the first child has and the fourth child has double what the third child has. How many marbles are there?
2. Solve for x: 7x + 5 = -x + 41
3. What is the surface area of cylinder with radius of 2 cm and height 8 cm?
4. A youth group wants to raise $500 to attend a concert. They have raised $100 through donations. If they wash cars for $5.00 each, how many cars will they need to wash in order to earn what they still need for the concert?
5. Baileytown is 924 miles from Portsville. Wood City is three-fourths of the distance from Baileytown to Portsville. How many miles is it from Baileytown to Wood City?
1. Tell in your foreign language about what you hope to be doing next week, and with whom.
1. Tell about a place you'd like to visit, and what you'd like to do there.