Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
AO has started creating Kindle versions of some of the public domain texts we use. If you find a typo in one, you can report it here and we'll try to fix it.

Typos in Kindle editions of books that we did not create, well, we can't do anything about those, even if we link to the Kindle book from our website. ;)

I'm going to be moving some posts from the website typos thread to this one.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
I can't figure out how to move one post from that thread to this one. In this case, I think it will work to copy text from there to here.

The Kindle version of Kim says that it is a Year 5 free reading book in the book description. Kim is the literature selection for Term 3.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
The Kindle version of Emily Dickinson's poems says it is for Year 4, Term 3. It is for Term 2.

These are great, BTW! Thanks for putting them out there.

Laura in Texas - Moderator of Links and Downloads, Volume 2, and Chit-Chat.
In the intro to the Kindle "AmblesideOnline Poetry,Year Two", there are the following errors:

1. at 8%, there is paragraph that says "From volume 4, in Book 2 pg 10 of volume 4, she tells students,"
A bit redundant there Smile

2. at 11%, under "What is Poetry?", little is spelled "liitle"

Laura in KY, Mom to one in Year 2
In the Year 1 history selections:
--the name Damocles shows up as Dam'ocles
--at Location 120 "That sword!that sword!" without a space
--"white=haired Fathers"
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(10-24-2012, 03:49 AM)Phyllis Wrote: In the Year 1 history selections:
--the name Damocles shows up as Dam'ocles
--at Location 120 "That sword!that sword!" without a space
--"white=haired Fathers"

Phyllis, I'm not sure what this is -- does AO have a version of Baldwin's Fifty Tales? I don't see it linked to the Year 1 page.
http://www.amazon.com/AmblesideOnline-Ye...sideonline
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Y4 Poetry on Kindle typo
Hello,

just a quick note to say that on Amazon, the Y4 kindle collection for Emily Dickinson is labelled "Term 3", but should say "Term 2". (The image shows the correct name).

Thanks for putting these together! Our small library doesn't carry many books by individual poets, and many of the multi-author anthologies either don't have enough poems by each one or else don't have any by the less-well-known poets. It's lovely to have the option of having a kindle version of already vetted poems.
Jenny in Vermont
DD AO class of '22, DD16 (Y11), DD14 (Y9), DD13 (Y8), severely dyslexic DS11 (Y4), DD7 (Y2), DS4
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Y4 Poetry on Kindle typo
(11-02-2012, 04:26 AM)sisterjl Wrote: Hello,

just a quick note to say that on Amazon, the Y4 kindle collection for Emily Dickinson is labelled "Term 3", but should say "Term 2". (The image shows the correct name).

Also, it's not linked up to the AO Y4 booklist yet (nor is the the kindle edition with all 3 terms of Y4 poetry).

I'm loving all these AO Kindle editions. [Heart <3]
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
In the Year 4 Poetry Collection of Alfred, Lord Tennyson --- Charge of the Light Brigade. James is memorizing this one, and it's really getting on my nerves to see "Their's" 3 times. I even began to question myself whether or not this was right. Is should be "Theirs," shouldn't it? There's no such thing as "Their's," right?
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 20 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
The following 1 user Likes KayPelham's post:
  • WendiC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here LeslieNoelani 44 14,902 04-26-2024, 02:21 AM
Last Post: MonicaC
  Typos on Kipling poem page Clare 0 1,880 10-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Clare
  Having trouble logging onto the forum on kindle kellypetrie 9 10,721 01-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: kellypetrie
  AO Kindle Poetry Christo et Doctrinae 4 6,035 08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: laurel :)