Gmail accounts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Gmail accounts
Have you tried adding our address to your address book?
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Gmail accounts
I will try adding the AO Forum address to our contacts.  But as I mentioned, I was receiving emails until 08 January 2024.  Resetting my address and thread subscriptions must not have worked as I did not receive an email of your response in this thread.  There are no recent Forum emails in our Spam folder, either.
Jodi
wife of the Man; mom of the Miss, AO Y9
Yes, the emails were going out, but I think the change was made by Google, not by us. We didn't change anything, and as far as I can tell the emails are going out to other people. The people who are telling me they aren't receiving emails have all been gmail except for one hotmail. However, I am open to the idea that other emails are not being received and people just haven't mentioned it.

Please try adding the forum email to your address book, and then let me know whether or not that helps. If Google is blocking our emails, I really don't know how to resolve that.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I added it to my contacts. I'll let you know if I get an email.
"In Germany, the Nazis came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Jew.... Then they came for the Catholics, but I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me.... By that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone."
-Martin Niemöller
(03-23-2024, 12:55 AM)Clari Wrote: I added it to my contacts. I'll let you know if I get an email.
Thanks!
Kathy 
I added the forum address to my contacts without success.  I changed my forum email address to a Yahoo account and received an email there.  Then I changed it back to the original Gmail account but received no email.  I have checked the filters and the addresses blocked in settings on Gmail.  I found several forum messages in the [Gmail]Trash folder, which is different from the Trash folder, but they disappeared when I tried to move them to my inbox.  I haven't been able to discover the difference between these two Trash folders.  I sent a report to Gmail regarding this problem so will wait and see if they respond.  If this only affected myself, I would simply change to my Yahoo account.  As long as I know others are facing the same problem, I will continue troubleshooting and see if we find any answers.  Thanks, Kathy!
Jodi
wife of the Man; mom of the Miss, AO Y9
The following 1 user Likes jjamir2004's post:
  • Purposeful Abnegation
I added the address to my contacts but I still haven't received an email... any ideas? 

I only have one email :)
"In Germany, the Nazis came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a Jew.... Then they came for the Catholics, but I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me.... By that time, there was no one to speak up for anyone."
-Martin Niemöller
I assume Gmail has these messages tagged as spam. People seem to be receiving email from that address when I send it manually. It's just system messages that are being blocked, as far as I can tell.
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Clari
I checked my spam and it's empty. I'm gonna ask my mom if she has any ideas.
-Martin Niemöller
I received all the patio chats no problem two years ago. I just checked my spam folder and I had one forum notification there.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orphan Accounts - Do you have one? lklivingston 0 2,355 08-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: lklivingston