Exam Questions for Year 1 Term 1
1. Tell about how God created everything, OR Tell the story of the flood.
2. Tell about Mary's visit to Elizabeth, or something from Jesus' childhood.
Copy "How the leopard got his spots."
1. Tell a fairy tale you remember from this term.
2. Tell how the Leopard got his spots, or Moses the Kitten.
1. Tell about Boadicea, or, about St. Alban.
2. Tell the story of William Tell.
1. Find Italy and Switzerland on the globe. Or, Find Lake Superior on a map.
2. What is the shape of the earth?
Natural History and General Science
1. Describe your favorite nature walk this term. What did you find?
2. Tell about "the bully in the old orchard."
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Father or friend should select a passage for student to read aloud.
Arithmetic (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. 8 + 5 = ___
2. Skip count by 5's.
1. Recite or sing something you have learned in your foreign language.
2. Introduce yourself in your foreign language.
1. Describe your favorite picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, and two Bible verses learned this term for student to recite.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.