Exam Questions for Year 7 Term 3
1. List some practical ways we can strive for holiness.
2. What blessings and/or curses did God promise Israel as they entered the land? or, Tell about the treaty with the Gibeonites.
3. "The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner." Explain the meaning.
4. "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus. . ." Tell the story.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of The Thistle and the Rose.
2. In your own words, tell one story from Chaucer's Canturbury Tales.
3. "Athelstane, arrayed in the garments of the grave, stood before them, pale, haggard . . ." Tell the story.
1. Write a sentence using three adverbs.
2. Write a sentence using a possessive pronoun.
3. Choose "is" or "are." The yellowed book with hundreds of pages __ faded beyond recognition.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: The herald communicated the words of the Grand Master to Rebecca, who bowed her head submissively, folded her arms, and, looking up towards heaven, seemed to expect that aid from above which she could scarce promise herself from man.
1. Tell what you know about King Edward III, Edward the Black Prince, or the Battle of Crecy.
2. Give an account of the Black Death.
3. Give an account of Richard II's usurpation by Henry Bolingbroke.
4. Tell what you know about Henry V's wars with France.
5. What do you know about Joan of Arc?
6. Tell what you know about the War of the Roses.
1. Describe the place you would most like to visit from How the Heather Looks.
2. What do you know about Nottingham?
3. What is the Lake District like?
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Describe the web of a Labyrinth spider.
4. Tell the different parts of plant roots, and what the root does.
5. Discuss Einstein's Theory of Relativity, or Explain the Conservation of Mass/Energy, or tell 3 things you learned about electricity.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Discuss the two demons of Imagination: self and sin.
3. "Reason has no right to speak the last word on most subjects." Why not?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If x - 5 = -30, what is x?
2. Write "eight less than the square of a number, x" as a mathematical equation.
3. Cara worked for 12 hours on Saturday. If this was 3 times as long as she worked on Thursday, how many hours did Cara work on Thursday?
4. A baker baked 210 pies in 5 days. How many pies did the baker bake each day?
1. In your foreign language, describe a person in your family, using complete sentences.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.