Exam Questions for Year 8 Lite Term 2
1. Write out three logical reasons showing the validity of Christianity.
2. "He loved him as he loved his own soul." Give an account of this friendship.
3. What was Nathan's message to David? Why was it sent, and what was the result?
4. Tell the parable of the sower and its meaning. Or, "Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?" Explain.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell one episode from I Promesi Sposi.
2. "All the world's a stage." Explain.
3. Tell something of Sir Walter Raleigh.
1. Write sentences using the conjunctions but, yet and because.
2. Write sentences showing correct use of "loose" and "lose."
3. Is the italicized word an adverb or adjective?
She is a graceful dancer.
He spells well.
He spells well.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words. For nouns, say also whether the noun is singular or plural. For verbs, say also whether the verb is in past, present, or future tense: And there the survivors sit, beside the silent stream, beneath the tropic moon; sun-dried and lean, but strong and bold as ever, with the quiet fire of English courage burning undimmed in every eye, and the genial smile of English mirth fresh on every lip.
1. Tell what you know of Guy Fawkes.
2. Give an account of The Mayflower.
3. Describe King Charles I's gradual decline from constitutional government.
4. Describe the New Model Army and trace the growth of Cromwell's power.
5. "Traitor Scot sold his King for a groat." Tell the story.
6. Tell what you know about King Charles or Queen Elizabeth.
1. Summarize a day at sea on the Kon Tiki. Or, tell something about China and silver.
2. Describe Easter Island. Or, tell about the history of potatoes.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3.Explain how plants make starch and what they give off as a by-product.
4. Explain the particulate nature of matter, or cohesion and adhesion.
5. What is phenol or isoprene? Or, How does soap clean?
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. "Everyone has gracious impulses." Explain.
3. Summarize from memory one of Francis Bacon's essays.
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If a cab ride costs $1.20 for the first one-tenth of a mile, and $0.90 for each additional one-tenth of a mile, how many miles is the cab ride that costs $12.00?
2. At a basketball tournament involving 5 teams, each played each other team once. How many games were played in all?
3. If one leg of a right triangle is 18 cm and its area is 108 square cm, what is its perimeter?
4. A tray can hold 234 eggs. If there are 18 rows in a tray, how many columns are there?
1. Imagine you're going on a trip. In your foreign language, write a list of instructions (in complete sentences) for the person who will be watching your house.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.