Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
(10-02-2018, 04:53 AM)Sarah Wrote: I just downloaded the yr1 poetry anthology and there is no table of contents. I am reading it in the kindle app, and to go to another location, I first have to go to the beginning of the book and then scroll to the page that I want. Usually when I read an ebook in kindle I can just press the three lines and a window opens at the side, and it has a table of contents that is really easy to scroll through from anywhere in the book. Can this be fixed? Or is something wrong with my e-reader?

Eta. And I just realized that there are no stanzas, each poem keeps going without breaks. I just checked my kindle and same thing, so it's not the app. As it is, I don't know if I can use it, I rely one stanzas to help me with the rhythm. Please fix this!

I fixed it! In case it happens to anyone else, here is what I did: I deleted it off my kindle, then I selected "download and transfer via usb". I added the selected file to my Calibre Library (which I have set to remove the drm) and lo and behold, the paragraphs are there and the table of contents! I transferred the Calibre file to my kindle and it looks good! I'm not sure why this worked, but I'm thankful it did. I was not looking forward to having to read the pdf version with no toc. ::) Thank you for putting these books together!
Sarah
y3(9g), y1(7b), y0(5b) 
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report typos/dead links here -- #typo #error #fix #webedit
I think the AO Kindle book for Longfellow (Y3 poetry) has a typo in Excelsior. poem number 4.
Hound/Bound (I've been told hound is correct, but don't have any printed book copy of the poem to check, just noticed the discrepancy when reading it aloud with my son and each of us had a different copy, him on the AO book and me on my phone from a different website)
Me and my boys (Y4, Y6, Y9) [Leave me alone. I'm reading.]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here LeslieNoelani 44 14,882 04-26-2024, 02:21 AM
Last Post: MonicaC
  Typos on Kipling poem page Clare 0 1,878 10-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Clare
  Having trouble logging onto the forum on kindle kellypetrie 9 10,719 01-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: kellypetrie
  AO Kindle Poetry Christo et Doctrinae 4 6,034 08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: laurel :)