Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
I see that Laura in TX already reported that the description at Amazon for the E. Dickinson poetry says Term 3. It still does as of today. The cover has Term 2, but the Amazon listing/product name has Term 3.
Kay Pelham
Mom of One 20 year old young man (AO Year 0 to 12 graduate, as of May '21), Wife of One well-aged man
www.kaypelham.com
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Report Typos on AO's Kindle editions
On the Year One History Tales that Phyllis mentioned above, Amazon now says "pricing information not available." Does anyone know what that's about or when it will be available? I'm trying to get my resources gathered for yr1 in the fall (with a new baby due in July, so I'm staring to prepare early), so I was just wondering if this is expected to come available in the near future, or should I find a different source for 50FSR?

Thanks in advance!!!
Sarah in SD

Loving and learning with: Scout (8) Y2, Sunshine (6) Y1, Darling (4), Y0, Jubilee (1), and new baby expected in August! Wife to my love, Josh. Daughter of The King [cheesy grin]
(05-10-2013, 09:20 AM)Hallelujah Wrote: On the Year One History Tales that Phyllis mentioned above, Amazon now says "pricing information not available." Does anyone know what that's about or when it will be available? I'm trying to get my resources gathered for yr1 in the fall (with a new baby due in July, so I'm staring to prepare early), so I was just wondering if this is expected to come available in the near future, or should I find a different source for 50FSR?

Thanks in advance!!!

I've wondered the same thing. Were have all the AO Kindle books gone? I noticed that the poetry collections have been been taken down, too. Does this have to do with the recent issues of copyright violation?
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
We don't know exactly what is going on, but Wendi (who does the Amazon stuff) is looking into it....
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(11-30-2012, 06:09 AM)KayPelham Wrote: In the Year 4 Poetry Collection of Alfred, Lord Tennyson --- Charge of the Light Brigade. James is memorizing this one, and it's really getting on my nerves to see "Their's" 3 times. I even began to question myself whether or not this was right. Is should be "Theirs," shouldn't it? There's no such thing as "Their's," right?

I fixed that error just now, and this book should be back up at Amazon in two or three days. Thanks for the heads up!
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • MelisaH
(10-24-2012, 03:49 AM)Phyllis Wrote: In the Year 1 history selections:
--the name Damocles shows up as Dam'ocles
--at Location 120 "That sword!that sword!" without a space
--"white=haired Fathers"

These errors (and a handful of others I found) have now been fixed, and I have resubmitted the book to Amazon. It should be back up in two business days.
The following 1 user Likes WendiC's post:
  • Jeanne Webb
(10-24-2012, 03:42 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: In the intro to the Kindle "AmblesideOnline Poetry,Year Two", there are the following errors:

1. at 8%, there is paragraph that says "From volume 4, in Book 2 pg 10 of volume 4, she tells students,"
A bit redundant there Smile

2. at 11%, under "What is Poetry?", little is spelled "liitle"

Laura in KY, Mom to one in Year 2

Just fixed these (and about a dozen others) and republished it- the corrected version should be showing up in about 24 hours.

Can I just say spell checking James Whitcomb Riley makes me cross-eyed? It was a two-cups-of-coffee-for-this-single-document-job.

Normally, it's unusual for me to have a second cup of coffee in a *day*, let alone an *hour*. Whew.
The following 3 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Christy Hissong, KayPelham, MelisaH
In the Year 4 Poetry Collection of Alfred, Lord Tennyson:

Introduction - says he lived on the Isle of Wright. It's actually the Isle of Wight - no "r".
:) Jen in PA
joyfulshepherdess.blogspot.com
Year 4 Poetry Collection of Alfred, Lord Tennyson:

38, Cradle Song:
4th stanza should read:
"Till the little limbs are stronger"
- not "lambs"

This is wrong on the AO website under Poetry selections, as well.

I've read it enough other places to know it by heart.
:) Jen in PA
joyfulshepherdess.blogspot.com
The following 1 user Likes joyfulshepherdess's post:
  • Brandy Vencel
I just downloaded the yr1 poetry anthology and there is no table of contents. I am reading it in the kindle app, and to go to another location, I first have to go to the beginning of the book and then scroll to the page that I want. Usually when I read an ebook in kindle I can just press the three lines and a window opens at the side, and it has a table of contents that is really easy to scroll through from anywhere in the book. Can this be fixed? Or is something wrong with my e-reader?

Eta. And I just realized that there are no stanzas, each poem keeps going without breaks. I just checked my kindle and same thing, so it's not the app. As it is, I don't know if I can use it, I rely one stanzas to help me with the rhythm. Please fix this!
Sarah
y3(9g), y1(7b), y0(5b) 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here LeslieNoelani 44 14,865 04-26-2024, 02:21 AM
Last Post: MonicaC
  Typos on Kipling poem page Clare 0 1,878 10-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Clare
  Having trouble logging onto the forum on kindle kellypetrie 9 10,719 01-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: kellypetrie
  AO Kindle Poetry Christo et Doctrinae 4 6,033 08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: laurel :)