Exam Questions: Form 2A, Term 2
1. What did Joshua tell the people before his death?
2. What is the cycle that repeats in the book of Judges? Tell how this can be seen in the story of one of the judges. Or, Tell the story of Barak and Sisera.
3. "The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath." Tell the story.
4. Tell about two miracles Jesus did.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell a story about one of the following: The House of Shaws, Phaeton, or Midas.
2. Describe a scene from Robinson Crusoe.
1. Underline the Subjects (noun phrase) and circle the Predicates (verb phrase) in the following:
a. Members of Parson Smith's congregation were always welcome.
b. Many children died in the first year or two of life.
c. Her imagination began to run wild.
d. Her husband had been elected commissioner to France.
2. Tell whether each of the bolded words in the phrases is a noun or a verb:
The steeples swam in amethyst,
The news like squirrels ran.
3. Fix the punctuation and capitalization in the following: tin and lead melt very easily explained uncle paul
1. Tell about two of these: Benjamin Franklin, James Oglethorpe, la Salle, King William's War, or Chief Pontiac.
2. Tell about the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party.
3. "Do you wonder that a boy of seven who witnessed this scene should be a patriot?" Tell the story. Or, tell about John Adams' appointment as commissioner to France.
1. Tell about the French and Indian War or the Seven Years War.
2. What do you know about Marie Antoinette?
3. Tell about Olaudah, Fray Junipero, or Lafayette.
1. Tell what you know about Lake Pepin. Or, Locate the "Middle Mississippi" on a map. Tell something you know about it.
2. What do you know about the Mound Builders?
3. Describe the cycle of water, or the cycle of a drop of water.
Natural History and General Science
1. Describe the links of the endless chain of change that transform a grain of soil.
2. How can you tell gold from brass? What do you know about rust?
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. How much would you spend if you bought a movie ticket for $5.25, a soda for $2.50, and a box of popcorn for $3.75?
2. If four dozen cookies on a platter are to be shared equally among 9 children, how many whole cookies will each child eat?
3. Write .30 as a fraction.
1. Make sentences using the first person singular, present tense ("I eat...")
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.