Exam Questions: Form 2B, Term 2
1. Give an example of David's mercy to King Saul.
2. "A House divided cannot stand." Explain this.
3. Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." Who said this? Tell the story.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of Daedalus and Icarus, Achelous and Hercules, or Orpheus and Eurydice.
2. Tell about something that happened to Oliver Twist.
1. Underline every noun (underline twice if it's a proper noun), and circle the verb in the following:
a. Oliver was afraid to look at either her or the man.
b. Bill Sykes merely pointed to the empty measure.
c. The bewildered butler gazed from them towards Oliver, and from Oliver towards Mr. Losberne.
d. They left the room, and the door was again locked.
Tell whether the italicized word is a noun or a verb. Identify any proper nouns.
"And the Larch, with all its fibres,
Shivered in the air of morning,
Touched its forehead with its tassels,
Said, with one long sigh of sorrow,
Take them all, O Hiawatha!"
3. Write two sentences using pronouns, and two sentences using proper nouns.
1. What do you know about the Underground Railroad?
2. Tell about the first shots of the Civil War.
3. "Remember the Alamo!" Tell the story.
1. What do you know about the Peace Festival?
2. Tell all you know about "Mad" Otto von Bismarck or Commodore Perry.
3. Tell all you know about Florence Nightingale or Clara Barton.
1. What kinds of things did Lewis and Clark bring back from their trip?
2. Describe the area they travelled.
3. Name four kinds of land forms and four bodies of water and describe them.
Natural History and General Science
1. Tell how men are wiser than animals.
2. Tell about the invention of steel, or the telegraph, or the telephone.
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here.
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. What is 492 x 832?
2. Write as a decimal: 81/1000
3. A bag has green and purple marbles in a ratio of 2:5. If there are 133 marbles in all, how many are green?
1. Tell about something you did yesterday or last week.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.