Exam Questions: Form 3C, Term 1
1. Give examples of some rival conceptions of God. Or, discuss the three parts of morality.
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. What do you know about the first theaters?
2. Describe a scene from Westward Ho!
3. Summarize a Francis Bacon essay.
1. Write a sentence using a preposition, and identify the prepositional phrase.
2. Choose "bad" or "badly." She felt bad/badly about missing the meeting.
3. Change the verb to past tense. After a harrowing tangle with a jellyfish, Camilla swims safely to the shore.
4. 4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words. For nouns, say also whether the noun is singular or plural. For verbs, say also whether the verb is in past, present, or future tense: Old Stow House stands, or rather stood, some four miles beyond the Cornish border, on the northern slope of the largest and loveliest of those combes of which I spoke in the last chapter.
1. Tell what you know of Guy Fawkes.
2. Give an account of The Mayflower.
3. Describe King Charles I's gradual decline from constitutional government.
4. Describe the New Model Army and trace the growth of Cromwell's power.
5. Discuss conditions in Plymouth.
1. Contrast Quito with the jungle of Quevedo. Or, What do you know about the Humbolt Current?
2. "Not a day passed but we . . . were visited by inquisitive guests which wriggled and waggled about us . . ." What were some of these creatures?
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain how plants make starch and what they give off as a by-product.
4. What do know about the mantis?
5. Is air pur oxygen? Explain.
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. What two fundamental laws do all major religions and philosophies agree on?
3. According to Utopia, what are some of the problems that come with having a prince/king?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. Jared and Cole ordered a large pizza. Jared ate 40 percent of the pizza and Cole ate 2/5 of the pizza. What percentage of the pizza did they eat in all?
2. 60 million plastic bottles are disposed of in the US every day. How many is that per hour?
3. A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes. What was the average speed of the car in miles per hour?
4. Find the value of two numbers if their sum is 12 and their difference is 4.
1. In your foreign language, write a letter making a request.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.